at SolarWinds (View all jobs)
Req ID: 200421
At SolarWinds, we’re a people-first company. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of the people we serve—including our employees, customers, shareholders, Partners, and communities. Join us in our mission to help customers accelerate business transformation with simple, powerful, and secure solutions.
The ideal candidate thrives in an innovative, fast-paced environment and is collaborative, accountable, ready, and empathetic. We’re looking for individuals who believe they can accomplish more as a team and create lasting growth for themselves and others. We hire based on attitude, competency, and commitment. Solarians are ready to advance our world-class solutions in a fast-paced environment and accept the challenge to lead with purpose. If you’re looking to build your career with an exceptional team, you’ve come to the right place. Join SolarWinds and grow with us!
The collections specialist, is responsible for managing a portfolio of assigned accounts and for daily collections activities. This includes working with internal and external customers to proactively identify and resolve problems that might delay payment of accounts to expedite cash collections.
Employee is skilled and has detail knowledge of routines and procedures in order to sufficiently perform non-routine tasks. Employee uses initiative to carry out routine work independently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
• Responsible for managing a portfolio of assigned accounts receivables accounts
• Tasked with identifying and resolving problems that might delay payment of accounts receivable cash collection
• Tasked with meeting and/or exceeding assigned collection targets
• Research, Identify and resolve unapplied payments
• Review contracts, orders and invoices to reconcile and resolve customer disputes
• Responsible for timely follow-up and regular updates to accounts receivable collection notes
• Manage the production and distribution of weekly reports on Top Accounts. Reports will be sent to leadership teams.
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• A minimum of 2-3 years of demonstrated experience managing a collections or an accounts receivable portfolio.
• Strong organizational skills to effectively assist with adherence to deadlines, attention to detail and strong problem solving and decision-making.
• Ability to work extended hours, as needed, for month-end and quarter-end close.
• An understanding of billing, collections and receivable procedures required.
• Strong Written and verbal communication skills required.
• A strong attention to detail and the ability to complete job duties with a high degree of accuracy.
• Excellent customer service skills required. Must possess a high level of interpersonal skills including the ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in stressful situations.
• Ability and understanding of the use of a personal computer and appropriate software, including but not limited to: Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Flexibility in work schedule when required.
• Must be able to work as part of a team with peers and leadership within organization.
• A 4-year college degree in accounting or finance
• Exposure to Microsoft Office Tools and Netsuite.
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
All applications are treated in accordance with the SolarWinds Privacy Notice: https://www.solarwinds.com/applicant-privacy-notice