At SolarWinds, we’re a people-first company. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of the people we serve—including our employees, customers, shareholders, Partners, and communities. Join us in our mission to help customers accelerate business transformation with simple, powerful, and secure solutions.
The ideal candidate thrives in an innovative, fast-paced environment and is collaborative, accountable, ready, and empathetic. We’re looking for individuals who believe they can accomplish more as a team and create lasting growth for themselves and others. We hire based on attitude, competency, and commitment. Solarians are ready to advance our world-class solutions in a fast-paced environment and accept the challenge to lead with purpose. If you’re looking to build your career with an exceptional team, you’ve come to the right place. Join SolarWinds and grow with us!
Are you someone who wants to take your software testing career to the next level? As a SolarWinds Senior Software Testing Engineer, you’ll have a significant impact on the growth of our business through ensuring the highest possible level of quality in our line of business applications. We look for candidates who are competent and committed to the SolarWinds mission and display an exemplary attitude.
Position Overview & Objective
Responsible for product quality and performs test case automation and identifies and analyzes software defects. Participates in the creation and enhancement of test automation processes and procedures, finding ways to decrease the number of manual tests in favor of automated ones. Closely cooperates with other engineers and developers in the creation of supporting software. Owns test plan development, test case development, test case execution and distributes formal team status. Responsible for aligning testing estimates, timelines, and all relevant documentation (checklists, bug reports, post-launch summaries). Offers senior-level technical skills and mentors team members in weak areas.
Proposes testability improvements and identify design issues. Helps define and deliver valuable, usable, and automatically testable user stories, including acceptance criteria. Designs test cases, executes them and reports bugs. Participates on automated test development. Drives topic from its definition to its successful completion without supervision. Analyzes and proactively assists with customer issues resolution, root cause analysis and issue prevention. Mentors all engineering team members regarding testing. Develops automated regression test suites using automated testing tools. Reports QA status, as appropriate, to keep project stakeholders informed on deliverables and timelines, and fosters a continuous improvement approach to all QA activities. Collaborates with teams to isolate defects and streamline the defect remediation processes. Foster a continuous improvement approach to QA activities.
- Demonstrates a high skill level in software testing. Proposes design changes for cost-effective testability. Considers cost, proper architecture layer, and all types of risks during the test design phase.
- Coaches teams in formal test design techniques when necessary.
- Recognized in the team as a leader in testing. High skill level in test automation.
- Implements cost effective tests on proper automation pyramid level.
- Understands test automation principles, architecture, and management.
- Reviews the usability of implemented features and has experience working with test automation tools (e.g., Selenium, Watir). Basic knowledge of OOP languages (e.g., C#, Java); database knowledge (SQL Server).
- Has willingness to learn small tools quickly and incorporate them into the entire solution.
- Has strong problem investigation, debugging, and solving skills.
- Demonstrates creativity and intelligent thinking, and has a solid understanding of the development process, including Agile methodologies.
- Has experience with configuration management tools for script/testcase versioning (Perforce, GIT, TFS, clear case, etc.) and basic computer networking knowledge.
- Has experience with testing enterprise software in Windows operating system environments.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of system development lifecycle, methodology and testing knowledge and has a solid understanding of quality assurance techniques, testing concepts, methodologies and tools.
- Has excellent analytical skills with the ability to investigate and research multiple sources.
- Has experience testing RESTful APIs and Distributed Web Applications.
- Shows expert abilities in applying concepts of unit, system, regression, performance, load, product, integration, and acceptance testing.
- Has a broad experience using different testing tools (Jmeter, Selenium, etc.) and demonstrates an ability to adapt and learn quickly with any other testing tool.
- 5+ years of related experience or 3 years of related experience and a Master’s degree, or a PhD without experience, or equivalent work experience. Bachelor’s degree of equivalent combination of education and experience.
Environment & Physical Demands
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
All applications are treated in accordance with the SolarWinds Privacy Notice: https://www.solarwinds.com/applicant-privacy-notice